About our membership program
The Vancouver Gaymers is an unincorporated club which operates a free optional membership system. We strongly encourage everyone who comes to our events to become a member, however there is no obligation to do so and you will not be excluded from our social events should you choose not to join.
Why should I join?
Membership of the Vancouver Gaymers is free and gives you a greater say in how our club is run. If you join, you'll be able to attend our general and special meetings (including our AGM), you'll be able to vote for those who you want to run the club, you'll be eligible to volunteer to help run events and, subject to certain criteria, you'll also be able to run for positions on the board.
What are the requirements to be a member?Membership requirements are simple and straightforward:
- You must reside in the Greater Vancouver Area, or intend to do so in the near future
- You must identify as a member of the LGBTQIA2S+ communities or an ally
- You must not have previously been permanently banned from the Vancouver Gaymers
- You must agree to abide by the rules and ethos set out in the Vancouver Gaymers Bylaws and Constitution
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- You must be willing to supply us your name and email address